Spicy Tofu with Broccoli...

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I am always looking for new recipes to make that are healthy and delicious.  I found this recipe on someone's blog several months ago.  I've made it numerous times now and it's become one of our absolute favorites.   I apologize to the blogger this came from as I can't remember who I got it from. I know that's bad blogging etiquette.  If you are the rightful owner of this recipe please let me know!  

Anyways, it's extremely simple to make, only takes a few ingredients, and best of all tastes incredible!


Start with a head of broccoli and cut off the crowns.  Heat olive oil in a pan for a minute.  Saute' the crowns in olive oil for 5-7 minutes.  Remove the broccoli from the pan and set aside.
 In the same pan heat more olive oil for a minute.  Add cut up Tofu chunks.- I use the extra firm tofu, but feel free to use whichever kind you like.  Saute' the tofu for 5 minutes or until light brown on all sides. 
 Put the broccoli crowns back into the pan with the tofu and stir together for 2-3 minutes. 

 Next, take a can of Trader Joe's Masala Simmer Sauce and pour on top of the broccoli and tofu.  The sauce adds a nice spice to the dish.
  Heat everything together for 2-3 minutes and dinner is served! 
 We also heat up Naan bread in the oven for 1 minute and eat with the dish.  The Naan bread tastes great soaking up the sauce! 

                                                        
Ingredients:
Stalk of Broccoli
Tofu
Trader Joe's Masala Simmer Sauce
Naan Bread


     ENJOY!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger