Best Chocolate Chippers...

Monday, November 5, 2012

One of my cravings this week is still homemade chocolate chip cookies.  There's nothing like a fresh hot cookie right out of the oven with a glass of milk(almond milk in my case).  I like to consider myself a pro chocolate chip baker as this has always been my go to dessert when I need to make cookies.  I've made them for my family growing up and now I make them for my love and my pregnant self.  I've searched the internet for that perfect recipe but always come back to the most simple yet delicious one out there.  

Chocolate Chippers
from: Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book



1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
...
1 cup sifted flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon soda
1 6-ounce package chocolate chips( I prefer Nestle milk chocolate chips)
...
Cream shortening, sugars, egg, and vanilla till light and fluffy. Sift together dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture; blend well. Add chocolate chips.
Drop from teaspoon 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. 
ENJOY



Two of my absolute favorite baking tools are:

1. A cookie scoop- will give you the perfect shape of cookie and makes it easier that using a spoon.
Oxo Good Grips Cookie Scoop from Bed, Bath, & Beyond $13.99


2. A small flat spatula- This small design makes it easier to take cookies off the cookie sheet and helps to prevent them from breaking apart. 
Oxo Good Grips Flat Spatula from Bed, Bath, & Beyond $6.99

What are your favorite cookies???

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that recipe is a classic - love it. I also love the old Nieman Marcus cookie recipe that has blended oatmeal and grated milk chocolate as well as chocolate chips. YUMMMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger