Mestizo Saturday...

Monday, August 13, 2012

The weather this past weekend was incredible and we wanted to make sure we took advantage of being outside!  We ended up at Park Place of all things at a new restaurant called MESTIZO.  The chef Aaron Sanchez is not only a restaurateaur, but also has several hit shows on Food Network.
                                                                    
My love was most exited when he discovered a Li Hing Margarita on the drink menu.  This is one of our favorite drinks in Hawaii and this one had a bit of a Mexican twist.   It's a splendid combination of Sauza Blanco, Agave Nectar, and Grand Marnier. 
The menu was quite unique and not your typical Mexican cuisine which was very exciting to try. My love had Pork Belly Tacos with an agave chipotle glaze.  Now, I have to say these were probably some of the best tacos I've ever eaten!! I highly recommend trying them.  The pork melts in your mouth and I love when tacos are served with the traditional corn tortillas vs. the american flour tortillas.  

 I opted for the Shaved Brussels Sprouts salad with chicharrones, cranberries, and one of my favorite cheeses manchego.  It was definitely light but very filling and perfect for lunch. 
Mestizo has wonderful food and a great atmosphere, we will definitely go back.  But, I have to say the best part of all was the company I was with.  
What a fabulous way to spend a Saturday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger