A NARS world...

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The only makeup I've worn for the past 10 years or so has been MAC.  I have always been very happy with it and have seen no reason to switch until recently.   My skin is changing and I started to feel like my foundation was too heavy and the wrong color.  I was in need of something new and fresh.  Several people had recommended NARS to me but I knew nothing about the line.  So, one Saturday I scheduled a consultation at the NARS counter at Nordstrom to see what everyone was talking about.  


Well, they weren't wrong.  I was immediately impressed with the way my skin felt and looked!  I couldn't even tell I had any foundation on my face- it was so light and creamy, yet gave me the coverage I was looking for.  I've been using the Tinted Moisturizer( that's what they call foundation) for about a month now and absolutely LUV!
I also picked up one of their sheer lip colors- Dolce Vita- the name alone made me a fan!
Lastly, I purchased the Monoi Tahiti Body Glow Oil for my stomach.  I had mentioned to the makeup artist that I was pregnant and she told me this was a must have to help prevent stretch marks! I was sold immediately.   The Tahiti oil is the result of macerating the tiare flower (Tahitian gardenia) in refined coconut extract for at least 10 days, slowly infusing the oil with nutrients as well as a delicate, natural fragrance. It has been used for centuries in French Polynesia for its medicinal, soothing, moisturizing, protecting and beautifying benefits.  I'll let you know how it works for stretch marks!
Just a little background on NARS- It was created by a Frenchmen-Francois NARS - who was first a photographer and makeup artist before starting the NARS makeup line.  The line started with just 12 lipsticks at Barneys in New York and became an instant hit.  To this day NARS is synonymous with artistry, exquisite design, and bold colors. 

 

1 comment:

  1. DOH - that body glow oil sounds delish. I loves me some coconut - I think I'll have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger